Yes you heard it right, now you can have more apps without any problem of running out of your device memory; or if are able to play HD Games on your device due to low RAM of your mobile phone or Tablet then I will guide you to increase your Android phone’s or Tablet’s RAM making your phone younger than other one.
You need only a few things for Increasing Internal memory and RAM:
- SD card as you want but class 4 or higher SD Card will give good speed to your Phone.
- Rooted smartphone.
- Or Rooted Tablet (If you want to increase RAM and Internal Memory of it.)
- SD card reader
- Windows PC
- An internet connection for downloading a few softwares or you can get it from somewhere else also.
Note For Users:
This method mostly worked in all Android Devices; Internal Memory Trick will work on all devices but Ram Increasing method is dependent on your phone’s ROM whether Swapping is supported by your ROM or not.(The information about your phone’s ROM, you can get it our Ram increasing section given below.)
INCREASING INTERNAL MEMORY
First step you have to do is to partition your SD Card and for doing this you have to:
- Download Mini tool Partition from here.
- Install the application on your PC and connect your SD card to your PC with Card Reader.
- Open Mini Tool Partition in your PC and when the wizards open click on your SD Card and select Delete option. (Not: This will format your SD Card completely mean that it will erase your data permanently, so before doing this backup your data at any place in PC or other Storage device.)
- When the Formatting of your SD Card is completed then, you have whole of space of your SD Card as unallocated then Right click SD Card and select create option.
- A popup box will open giving you options for making partition; select the partition as primary and file system as FAT if SD Card is less than 4GB or FAT32 if your SD Card is more than 4GB.
- Leave about 512 MB or more space (your choice) for creating the next partition.
- Then select done and do right click on unallocated space of your SD Card and again click create option. Select Primary partition but change the file system to Ext2, Ext3 or Ext4.
Note: (Ext2 is recommended as most ROMs work fine with it).
- Click Apply Changes and then process goes on for the few minutes and then partition is completed.
- Install Link2sd from Google Play or download and install the .apk format file from here to your phone.
- On the first launch of the app, it will ask for root permissions and then, it will ask you the file system of the .ext partition that you had earlier made, choose the option as you had choose in the partitioning steps.
- Sort the apps according to size and start linking them and then you have done your task.
Now you have your Phone’s Internal Memory+ Ext file size made by you in your SD Card. Now you can move your apps from your device memory to SD Card and simultaneously your device speed will also be increased.
INCREASING RAM OF ANDROID PHONES
- For increasing your device RAM you have to firstly download “Swapper for Root” from Google Play Store.
- Open the app that you have downloaded now for RAM and select the amount of RAM you want to increase.
- Let the application to create the. swp file and you have increased the ram you wanted.
Now you can have HD games and Apps which requires much amount of RAM.
- Your phone’s or Tablet’s ROM needs to have a2sd support and SWAP Support. If you don’t know about your Phone or Tablet so much then you can search through internet typing your ROM name with “a2sd support” or “swap support” or something similar to this for more specific information about your Device’s ROM. Download swap check to see if your ROM supports swapping.
- You might receive an error on your Android phone or Tablet saying damaged SD card on your phone or Tablet then don’t worry about it re-partitioning will solve the problem.
You can join our Foum for any question or support. Our staff will reply you as soon as possible.