Micromax A110 is among some of the top best budget smart phones running Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich Operating System. All the different specifications of this phone is really appreciable. But the default internal storage is somehow not upto mark. Micromax says that the phone comes with 1 GB of internal storage, but many users complains that it has 512 MB of internal storage. If you are also among those who don’t like these phone Internal Storage, then hold it on, here is a great tutorial for you, by which you can easily increase the Internal Storage of your Micromax A110 Android Smartphone. This tutorial will let you to use the memory of your SD card as the default internal memory of your phone. Which means that you can easily use any memory card of any Storage space just upto 32GB.
Please be aware that, to follow these tutorials your phone need to be rooted. If it is not root then follow our previous post on How to Root Micromax A110. After rooting, Let’s get started.
How to Use your External SD card as Internal memory for your Phone
- First of all take backup of your device via clockworkmod or any other method which you like.
- Now Install any File Explorer, which gives you Root access permission. For this you can use Root Explorer which is free of cost.
- Now Open the file explorer (Root Explorer) and browse to /system/etc and find a file named as vold.fstab
- Now copy that file to any location on your SD card.
- Now rename the original vold.fstab file to vold.fstab.bak Please note that: to Rename that file you need to change the permissions from Read only to Read and write from the top right option.
- Download the modified vold.fstab file from here and copy that file to /system/etc
- And change the permission to rw-r–r– by long pressing on that file.
- Now Reboot your phone and check the storage section of your device.
So, what do you think about this tutorial, Don’t forget to share your views by leaving your comments below…