Are you using any Preview version, Beta Version or RC version of Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 and don’t know how to upgrade directly to the final RTM version, without the need of re-installing every thing from start ? If Yes! Then here something very interesting for you. Below we will tell you the steps, by which you can easily upgrade your default Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 Preview, Beta or RC version OS to the final RTM Version.
- First of all you have to go to the foler which contains the ISO file of RTM version of Windows 8.1, Windows 8 or Windows 7. Now with the help of Win-RAR or 7-Zip, extract the ISO file.
- Now open the extracted setup folder and go to “Sources” folder. Search for “cversion.ini”.
- Now you have to open that file with Notepad and in tht you will see 3 different lines.
- The MinClient values tells the Setup, what should be the minimum build number of existing Windows build to be able to upgrade it to RTM version of Windows.
- So, to successfully upgrade, you have to just change the MinClient number to exact or less than the build number of previous testing build which you have installed on your computer.
- For Windows 7 RTM upgrade, change MinClient value to 7000 in cversion.ini file
- For Windows 8 RTM upgrade, change MinClient value to 7100 in cversion.ini file
- For Windows 8.1 RTM upgrade, change MinClient value to 9431 in cversion.ini file
After that save the file and run the Setup. You will be bale to upgrade.